Insulfoam was founded in 1959. Insulfoam’s principal business was the manufacture and sale of molded, expanded polystyrene for insulation. It utilized pre-expansion, molding and cutting equipment.
In 1967, Insulfoam was sold to Marine Commuter Corp., a division of Western Plastics.
In 1968, Insulfoam produced it’s first EPS core Structural Insulated Panels as a product segment of it’s foam business.
In 1970, it became a wholly owned subsidiary of Western Plastics, which manufactured plastic pipe and other construction products.
In 1980, Western Plastics and Insulfoam were purchased by Hepworth Plastics.
In 1987, the assets of Insulfoam were purchased by Premier Industries, Inc. Since that point, Premier Industries has sustained a high, stable rate of growth through both planned expansion and acquisition.
In 2007, Premier Industries, Inc. was purchased by Carlisle Companies and is now Insulfoam a division of Carlisle Construction Materials Incorporated.