A History of Innovation
When Emmett J. Culligan founded the Culligan Zeolite Company in 1936, it was with the idea of making conditioned water available to homeowners. He not only pioneered new water treatment methods, but based his business on a service model and established a network of franchises, a strategy that helped the company grow far beyond the Northbrook, IL community where it was founded.
With the founding of the company came the Culligan brand, one that has grown from local word-of-mouth acknowledgement to national recognition, thanks to print ads premiering in Life Magazine in 1947 and radio commercials introducing Hey Culligan Man!® in 1958. As our recognition grew, franchises expanded, and product lines broadened, we changed our name to reflect our growth, first to Culligan, Inc. in 1952, followed by Culligan International Company in 1970.
In the years since, Culligan has evolved into a world leader, creating innovations that have helped shape the water industry while setting standards for quality improvement and customer service. In 2007, our headquarters moved to a new building in Rosemont, IL with the only state-of-the-art analytical laboratory certified by the State of Illinois EPA to be compliant with National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Conference standards, setting the stage for new advancements and future growth. In 2008, we reinforced our commitment to making the world a safer place to live by introducing new products with improved efficiencies that are better for the environment.
Today, Culligan is proud to have provided world-class service and innovative water treatment solutions for the last 80 years, from the simplest filtration system to complex industrial water solutions.
Categories: Water Conditioning & Drinking Water
Tags: Water Service