LHC believes we should be a church that seeks to glorify God in all that we do and all we experience. We should offer hope to a hopeless world by, through, and because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Therefore, LHC’s mission statement is simply:
GLORY TO GOD!
HOPE TO PEOPLE!
INTIMACY WITH GOD
1. We will pursue an intimate relationship with God because he pursues us.
Q. Is your relationship with God growing?
2. We recognize the Bible as God’s Word to us and the final authority for our lives.
Q. Are your priorities consistent with Scripture?
3. We’re an honest-to-goodness family and we’ll love each other, respect each other, and point each other to Jesus…even when it’s hard.
4. We will laugh hard, loud and often. Nothing is more fun than serving God with people you love!
Q. Are you part of the family, or are you just “friending” us?
5. We believe it’s a sin to make the Gospel boring! We will constantly surprise people with engaging presentations in extraordinary, unexpected environments.
6. We will do anything short of sin to reach people who don’t know Christ. To reach people no one is reaching, we’ll have to do things no one is doing.
Q. Are you doing everything you can to make the Gospel as approachable as possible?
7. We know the most effective way to make disciples is in personal relationships.
Q. In whom are you investing? Who’s investing in you?
8. The church does not exist for us. We are the church and we exist for the world.
9. We give up things we love for things we love even more. It’s an honor to sacrifice for Christ and his church.
Q. Are you serving and giving?
10. We will pray bold prayers because bold prayers honor God. With God, playing it safe is risky.
Q. What faith-filled prayers are you praying?