he Workforce Investment Board of Solano County offers programs and services to provide employers access to qualified workers, and equip job seekers to compete in today’s job market. We have moved forward with innovative approaches to maximize our effectiveness in meeting the workforce needs in our community.
About the Solano WDB
The Workforce Development Board (WDB) of Solano County is a private, non-profit, federally funded agency that operates in partnership with Solano County. Our mission is to apply our funding to improve the nation’s workforce at the local level. Through our partnership with the Solano Employment Connection, job seekers and employers have access to a full menu of services.
WDB Services for Job Seekers:
- Targeted Hirings with Local Employers
- Individualized Job Placement and Job Search Assistance
- Job Readiness Training
- On-the-job training
No-cost Services for Employers:
- Assistance with Employee Recruitment, Including Job Listings in Career Centers
- Local and Regional Listings through the Solano E-mail Employment Network (SEEN)
- Recruitment Events at Career Centers
- Funding for Hiring and Training: On-The-Job Training Program (wage reimbursement up to 50%)
- Pre-screened WDB Applicants (when available)
- Access to WDB Conference and Meeting Rooms to Interview and Test Applicants
Categories: Employment & Career Resource Centers